Twitter with The Movie bLogger

A Movie Review: About a Boy





"Growing up has nothing to do with age"


Its raining that time and i was bored,i started to get my book of DVDs and think of my next movie. I saw this movie of Hugh Grant "About a Boy" and felt that this movie will make me be in the mood. I drank a cup of coffee to make sure that i won't be sleepy. Then, I put the DVD in the player and started watching the entire film. I have a paper and a ball pen to write down my comments hahaha. Santa Super Sleigh, Killing Me Softly, Xena the Princess iilan lang iyan sa mga favorite ng mga character na si Marcus. Marcus (12 years old) was always bullied by his classmates and was always out of place. He was afraid of standing in front of a crowd. Marcus had a suicidal mother. Another character is Will Freeman, cool, immature, shallow, no relationship that last 2 months, rich, invents an imaginary son and starts attending single parent meetings. Until one day the two characters will somehow help each other to learn their faults. No man is an island sabi nga ni Bon Jovi. The message of this movie is one of a kind. Its not an ordinary comedy film with full of shitty jokes, it has a heart that will make you believe that its not to late to turn it all around. I must confess that i cried on the part when Marcus sang Killing me Soflty at the end. I am gonna give this movie 4 stars out of 5!! I recommend this movie to all who the immature, loner, not open to changes, to all family. I am sure you are all gonna love this movie. I forgot my problems while watching this film.








About a Boy is a 2002 British film directed by brothers Chris Weitz and Paul Weitz, based on the book of the same name by Nick Hornby. It was nominated for an Academy Award as BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY. This movie got a high reception to all movie critics in Rotten Tomatoes "A winning comedy that benefits from Hugh Grant's boyish charms.94%
(156 REVIEWS)(145 FRESH)(11 ROTTEN)



My favorite scene in About a Boy...Warning ....SPOILER!!

0 comments: